Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Cat-ching Up

I have been out of town for a while and have just returned. "Cat-ching" up with the cats has been fun. So many things have changed in a month that I wanted to know how everyone was adjusting. I couldn't hardly wait to talk with Snorkel, who had recently been moved to a different location. If you have a cat, you know most of them don't like change. However, there is always an exception.

I had so many questions and was curious to hear how Snorkel liked being on the tour path. As I started talking with him, he was unusually quiet. I asked him if he was having a hard time adjusting; if he liked being close to the other tigers; was he enjoying his water view; was he coming out to see all of the people when they came by; did he like all of the activity and on and on. I was so busy asking him questions, I almost didn't notice he hadn't said anything at all. Not one purr.

I hushed up, sat and listened to what he was going to share with me. Finally, I asked him if he was okay. He gave me such a warm and wonderful feeling, almost as if he was overwhelmed with everything but in a good way. At last, he spoke with such emotion, tears filled my eyes. "It's ONEderful. Just ONEderful." Yes, feeling the unity and BEING a part of everything around him made my heart laugh. At that moment, I realized how much I had missed my training sessions from Snorkel, who has the ears of an angel. It's great to be back!