Friday, April 25, 2008

Jumanji's Present

A while back, I was on a private tour with some Big Cat Rescue supporters and the founder, Carole Baskin. We stopped at Jumanji's home because he was the favorite cat of one of the young girls on tour. She wanted to ask Jumanji some questions; however, before she could say anything, he spoke first.

"I think you should hang the picture by your bed," he said. She looked at me with a puzzled look on her face as I conveyed what Jumanji had said. I thought perhaps I had misunderstood what he said since the girl knew nothing about a picture. So, I asked Jumanji, what picture? Give me a clear picture of what you are talking about. I saw a picture of him in a beautiful frame.

"He says it is the picture of him," and described the frame. Again, she knew nothing about the picture. Jumanji also proceeded to tell me that he thought it was the perfect place so she could see him first thing in the morning. When it was apparent Jumanji was not going to let this rest until she agreed, one of the adults who was her aunt, spoke up.

She had this sheepish grin on her face and whispered to me that the girl's birthday was tomorrow, and she had bought a picture of Jumanji in the gift shop and was going to surprise her with it. She asked the young girl if she wanted her present early, and of course, she said yes. When told about the picture and what Jumanji thought, everyone laughed. The best part of all-he was right. He knew the pur-fect place to hang his picture as the young girl thanked him.