Thursday, March 20, 2008

Shaquille's Shadow Power

Today is a very potent time of the year. In some cultures, it is the beginning of the New Year. We recognize it as the Spring Equinox. It is a time when day and night are in balance. Thinking of this, one of my favorite animals at Big Cat Rescue started to ask me questions about balance. I thought it was a little strange until Shaquille reminded me when an animal shows up in our lives, they always have a message for us. I didn't realize how timely his message was until we continued talking.

Of all the leopards, the black leopard has the greatest mysticism associated with it. They are a symbol of the mother, the dark moon and the power of the night. The black panther encourages us to understand the shadow powers available to us all and acknowledge these powers in order to eliminate our fears of any darkness in our lives. They are also a symbol of releasing our passions and starting a NEW phase of our lives. Shaquille is helping us to dream big this year as he asks these questions:

Are your passions helping or hindering you at this time?
Are you suppressing latent desires?
Are you on the right spiritual path for yourself?
Are you putting other's needs before your own to the point of self-neglect?
What is your Shadow Self trying to tell you?

When Shaquille appeared to me, I was reminded to pay attention to the strength of my inner being. It made me aware this was the perfect time to examine my shadow side to let go of any fears and risk dreaming big. I knew this would help to establish balance in my life. Set your intentions today of what you want to achieve this year. Plant the seeds now, and give gratitude to Shaquille for insight into another of his power moves.