Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Seeing Is Freeing

Amazing Grace, our poet ocelot, is providing provocative thought as she shares with us another original poem from her heart.

Seeing Is Freeing

Each step memorized for nothing is new,
Every day the same with the exception of a few,
I was born because of ideas of economic gain,
Destined to live a life filled with nothing but pain.

I was born to be free and wild,
Yet held captive because laws are too mild,
No thought given to the bored induced mind,
My purpose was served and now am left behind.

My spirit remembers the days of old,
When all lived as One and each was told,
With hushed voices and a quiet lip,
Presence of the heart makes anything flip.

Feeling my pain with no end in sight,
Weary of the struggle and left without might,
My heart reaches out to your Being,
For the truth will help both as seeing is freeing.