Tuesday, November 27, 2007

3 in 1

Sultan is a rather frisky Ocelot that tour groups can sometimes catch a glimpse of if they are quick to look. He definitely has an attitude and knows he is rather striking, not only in looks, but also with his paws. As I was talking to the cats today, he caught my attention, and I couldn't help but laugh as he was explaining one of his body parts to me.

Can you guess which body part he was describing as he said, "It's a comb, it's a prey-catcher, it's a bone cleaner." It took me a while, but finally I guessed it when he started grooming, followed later by wrestling a gekko and licking it and lastly, finishing off the last bit of meat from a bone that was left as a result of his hunting skills. Do you know what it is yet? It's his tongue. I must admit Sultan expanded my awareness of how limiting my thoughts were about a cat's tongue. Nature is awesome how it supplies everything anyone needs especially the animals.