Tuesday, February 06, 2007

What's the Rush?

When I help feed Papa Bear his fruit, I always stay until he finishes eating. He eats slow, and I want to make sure no other critters invite themselves to a free meal. I wondered if he got more gratification in eating slower than the cats, as they quickly devour what is served them. So, I was surprised as I sat watching him eat his bananas when he looked at me and said, "There is no purpose in hurrying, for every experience that is chosen must be fully digested for the nutritional benefits of the soul to be completely absorbed and integrated. You are addicted to instant gratification even though you never find it. You make everything possible Now, but you are seldom present to enjoy it Now." Papa Bear was showing me an aspect of the Presence Process we are remembering.