Sunday, May 28, 2006

WHO AM I?

Cats are mysterious. They are curious and notorious for having an attitude. It is therefore no surprise during my latest visit to the Big Cat Rescue sanctuary and communicating with the cats, there was a collective decision made by them that they wanted to engage in playtime with people who are curious about them. They want to help demystify their individual personas.

As a result, they have created a "game" which will enable the participants to gain insight and glean understanding of who they are. The rules are simple. I will communicate with a cat asking him or her to share with me what they would like someone to know about them. You guess who you think it is. I will post the name of the cat the next day along with more information. Ready to play? Purr-fect. Let's start.

People at the sanctuary think I am shy. Little do they know I am not shy, I am afraid. My brother and I were very happy with our human family until one day when some people came to take us away. We were brought to Big Cat Rescue sanctuary and kept together. I don't understand why my human family did not want us anymore. I love them so much and I know they love me. They did not say good-bye. I didn't get to say good-bye. Now, I don't like to show myself to many people. I like the people who take care of me, but if I love and get close to them, I am scared they will pick me up and take me away again. I don't understand why I am here. More than anything, I want to say good-bye to my family. I need and want closure. I want to trust again.
WHO AM I?